Personal Tax

Tax season is in full swing and taxpayers are busy in preparing the backup support for their taxes. Following is the list of documents that applies to majority of Canadians.  To expedite your tax preparation, bring the following to your accountant that applies to you.

  • 2004 Notice of Assessment for RRSP contribution limit purposes.
  • Social Insurance Number and spouse’s /Common-law partner’s Social Insurance Number.
  • List of dependant and birth dates.
  • Information Slips


Receipts for

  • Medical Expenses
  • Chartiable Donations
  • RRSP Contribution
  • Interest Expense
  • Student Loan Interest
  • Childcare Expenses(Organization name or service provider SIN number)

Political Donations

In addition to above taxpayer should bring the below information for additional tax credits.

  • Details of dependant income.
  • Details of spouse or common law partner’s income.
  • Property tax bill and/or rent paid during the year and all residence addresses during the year for Ontario tax credits.
  • If the taxpayer is a new immigrant, he / she must provide date of arrival in Canada.


T4 Salary and Wages
T4E Employment Insurance Benefit
T4A(P) Canada Pension Plan Benefit
T4A(OAS) Old Age Security Benefits
T4RIF Registered Income Fund Income
T4RSP Registered Retirement Saving Plan
T4A Pension, Retirement, Annuity, and other income (Scholarships, Bursaries)
T5 Interest and Dividend Payments
T5007 Worker’s Compensation and Social Assistance Payments
T2201 Disability Certificate (If first year of claim or previous one has expired)
T2202 / T2202A Education Amount Certificate / Education Amounts & Tuition